- How to Apply
- Eligibility & Selection
- Training Details
- Terms & Conditions
- Leave & Disciplinary Rules
- Allotment of Trade
Applications are invited semi-annually from male/female citizens of Pakistan through advertisement in national daily newspapers.
How to Apply
As per schedule in the advertisement, application must be submitted ONLINE on the prescribed proforma on POF website www.pof.gov.pk
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Qualification: Matric with Science (2nd Division)
- Age: 17 to 21 years.
- Marks obtained in Matric + Physics & Math.
- Additional 10% weightage marks for higher qualification i.e. F.Sc /DAE
Duration of Training
Successful candidates will undergo 18 Months training in Pakistan Ordnance Factories Institute of Technology (POFIT), Wah Cantt as per provision of Apprentice Ordnance, 1962.
Stipend during Training
In accordance with the provisions of apprenticeship rule-1966 (24) POF will pay monthly stipend, to apprentices, of initial of (BPS-5) as mentioned below:-
- During 1st semester (06 months) 50% of BPS-5
- During 2nd semester (06 months) 60% of BPS-5
- During 3rd semester (06 months) 80% of BPS-5
Provision of Uniform & Stationary Items
During the training period, uniform and stationary items will be provided to Artisan free of cost.
Terms & Conditions
- Fresh Entrants after their selection as Artisan will submit an affidavit on stamp paper valuing Rs 100 duly signed by his/her surety to complete his/her training satisfactorily.
- It shall not be obligatory for POF Management to offer the job to all apprentices. However, successful apprentices may be absorbed in POF subject to availability of seats, with an undertaking that they will have to serve POF, if the job is offered to them.
- The Artisans, who will be offered as per need of POF after successful completion of their training, will have to execute the prescribed bond to serve thereafter in POF for a minimum period of 6 years. In case of leaving they will have to refund all the amount spent on their training including a penalty of Rs 50,000/-.
Hostel Accommodation will be provided to selected candidates on demand, upon availability on a first come first serve basis.
Leave & Disciplinary Rules
- 15 Days casual leave during entire training period.
- 15 Days break leave during training period.
- 15 Days sick leave during entire training period if the trainee is admitted in POF Hospital or excused duty due to sickness on medical certificate issued by an authorized Medical Officer of POF Hospital and in case of out station medical certificate issued by an authorized Medical Officer of a Government Hospital or dispensary. Medical certificate from Private Practitioner will be accepted at the discretion of Principal – POFIT.
The artisans are not allowed to join Association/Union or take part in their activities. Any breach of it shall render them liable to be removed from training or service with full penalty. Principal – POFIT shall be competent to take any action against the Artisans and can even terminate their training/services on disciplinary grounds.
Employement after Successful Training
As per provisions in apprenticeship rule-1966, it shall not be obligatory for employer to offer an employment to the apprentice. However, a limited number of successful top apprentices may be accommodated as per need of POF in BPS-5 (Skilled workman) on merit. Provincial Quota will also be observed for fresh entrants.
Allotment of Trade
Following Trades are allotted to the successful candidates according to their results:
- General Machinist
- CNC Machinist
- Mill Wright
- Press Tool Setter
- Tool / Die Maker
- General Fitter
- Pipe Fitter
- Foundry Work (Forging, Rolling, Extrusion)
- Heat Treatment
- Fluid Techniques (Pneumatics & Hydraulics)
- Instrumentation & Control
- Refrigeration & Air conditioning
- Compressor Operations
- Boiler Operations
- Masonry Work
- Electric Wiring & Repairs
- Electronic Repair Work
- Chemical Process Work
- Chemical Laboratory Work
POFIT Industrial Tours
Industrial Visits are arranged by POFIT to students with an objective to provide insight regarding internal working of industry. It gives them exposure to current work practices as opposed to possibly theoretical knowledge being taught at college. Industrial visits provide an excellent opportunity to interact with industries and know more about industrial environment.